I love pastries with citrus fruits and this biscuit cake is no exception. Orange juice makes pastries incredibly fragrant, and sour cream adds a delicate sweetness.
Homemade biscuit in the oven
This homemade biscuit recipe in the oven perfectly helps in periods when juicy fresh plums and other seasonal fruits disappear from the markets. It is during the winter period that oranges, tangerines and lemons come to the rescue.
Delicious homemade sponge cake can serve as an excellent base for a cake or pie. This is a universal way to cook something unusual and original, because you can decorate a biscuit as you like.
- 7 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 7 oranges
- 50 g of sunflower oil
- 300 g sour cream
- Remove the zest from 5 oranges. Squeeze the juice out of the pulp. For the test you will need 1 cup of orange juice.
- It is better to prepare a baking dish in advance. To do this, grease it with oil and cover it with baking paper.
- Separate the yolks from the proteins. Squirrels can be put in the refrigerator for now. Add a glass of sugar to the yolks.
- Beat the egg mass until it whitens and increases in volume. Then add the juice and zest of the orange. Mix well.
- Take the protein container out of the refrigerator. Beat to high peaks, gradually increasing speed. After that, add half a glass of sugar and continue whisking at high speed.
- Add half the protein to the yolks. Mix gently. Now add the flour, baking powder and the second part of the proteins.
- In order for the squirrels to not fall, stir everything very slowly and carefully.
- The oven must be preheated to 200 degrees. After mixing, the dough should be immediately transferred to the mold and sent to the oven for 5 minutes.
- After the first 5 minutes, the temperature must be reduced to 170 degrees. Remember that the first half hour the oven is definitely not worth opening, because the dough may fall. Bake a biscuit one and a half hours.
- Let the biscuit cool and proceed to the design. In order to give the biscuit a festive look, we use sour cream and caramelized slices of oranges.
- Cooking sour cream does not take long: just beat half a glass of sugar and 300 g of sour cream in a mixer.
- But with oranges you have to play a little. Peel one orange and cut into circles. Pour sugar and pour the juice of a second orange. Bring to a boil several times and cool.
- Fields of biscuit syrup. Top with caramelized orange slices. Hide them under sour cream.
Such a biscuit can be a great end to the New Year's feast. Editors "So simple!" wishes you happy holidays and a happy New Year!